On Monday Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia expressed dissatisfaction with private schools for going to Court aligned with the government’s decision to scrap management quota. He was speaking during the first computerized draw of lots for entry level classes (nursery to Class I) under the EWS category here.
After releasing the first computerized data, the Deputy Chief Minister, who is also the Education Minister, said the result to make the draw-of-lots online was taken to make the entire process transparent. Addressing a gathering of representatives of various private schools, Mr. Sisodia said: “Private schools are not happy with the government, especially with me. I too have grievances. There is no need to move Court over every issue. If you have the option to move Court, we too have the law. However, it will not help with the functioning.”
“Some of private schools were admitting non-eligible students under the EWS category to favors Ministers and officials. But now with technology, we have changed that.”
Till last year, the government only issued a common form and monitored the draw-of-lots. The rest of the process was managed by the schools. In the online system however, applicants are allotted seats and the admission process is centralised.
The Directorate of Education (DoE) received 73,059 applications since last month for the 28,000 seats available under the EWS category for nursery admissions.
Clearly upset with private schools, Mr. Sisodia said the Aam Aadmi Party government’s intention was also to relieve the school staff from the “cumbersome” paperwork required to allot EWS category seats”.
The principals and school staff present at the conference welcomed both the online of draw-of-lots and parents’ grievances.
On parents having grievances, the Deputy Chief Minister said “you will not have to face them. We will answer them”.
for more visit : http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/first-drawoflots-ews-nursery-admissions/article8242144.ece