A few young, enthusiastic and industrious members of the Jain Community and active members of SHREE SHWETAMBAR STHANAKVASI JAIN SABHA conceived a brilliant idea that resulted in the setting up of a school in the crowded Burrabazar area. It was 17th March, 1934 when SHREE JAIN VIDYALAYA came into existence. With the rising popularity and growing number of students, the school was shifted to its present address – 18/D, Phusraj Bachhawat Path(earlier Sukeas Lane). In 1958, the school was upgraded as High School(class- X) and on 1st April 1960, the school was recognized by West Bengal Board for old Higher Secondary system. In July 1976, the school was recognized by West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary for class XI and XII studies. The medium of teaching in the school is English.
Basic Details of shree jain vidyalaya for boys howrah