· Late Rev. Fr. V.C. George, a Christian Missionary priest belonging to the Indian Orthodox Church, founded the School in 1962.
· It is a minority institution run by the Christian minority. It is affiliated to the CBSE and has been granted recognition by the Directorate of Education.
· St. George's School began its remarkable journey to be one of the most renowned schools in Delhi after coming under the Muthoot Group in 1982. With three decades of tremendous change and development, from being a small and relatively unknown institution, it is by virtue of the untiring efforts and able guidance of Principal Dr Sara George that the school is now a name to reckon with in the field of education in the nation's capital. There is also a smaller branch of the school in Defence Colony.
· The school is a unique mix of the traditional and the modern. It blends old and time-tested values with modern knowledge and state-of-the-art-facilities. Value orientation has been one of the most important focuses at St. George's. We teach the value of respecting elders through the motto "Mata, Pitha, Guru, Daivam" or "Mata Pitha Guru Ishwar" – "Mathru Devo Bhava, Pithru Devo Bhava, Guru Devo Bhava".
· Also at St. George's, every student is expected to "Spread The Light" of knowledge, wisdom, compassion, humility, humanitarianism, and above all love for all mankind.
Basic Details of st george's school alaknanda new delhi
Reviews of st george's school alaknanda new delhi 3.0/5 (2 Review)